Saturday, March 8, 2008

Roth Conversions & Neck-Hiding Cheek Fat

Yesterday, I finally got around to converting my traditional IRA into a Roth. I’ll probably pay the taxes on it next year, but I’m curious as to what my employer can deduct from my paycheck each period and what effect that will have on paying down the amount.

And today, another financial accomplishment. The busyness of marriage and parenting has delayed our financial planning for months, but I’m finally checking things off the investment to-do list.

(This is one of those strictly documentative journal entries that isn’t intended to entertain. But look, I’ll insert a baby picture here.)


Finances is one of those marriage-killers you hear about – the number one or two cause of marital stress – but the Pookies, as inept as they often are, have navigated this as a couple fairly well despite the preoccupation it is for me, nagging from the back of my mind when my financial planning efforts are delayed.

But more importantly, the Pooklet broke 14lbs yesterday. Man is he a chubbo. His head will never fall too far forward because of all the cheek fat that props him up.

Oh, and I swear he said the word ‘igloo’ today.

No comments: