Thursday, April 24, 2008

Late Posts: Pooklet's 5-month Birthday Observed

April 22, 2008

The Pookies got an unexpected date night last night when Pookie suggested we get half-price tapas at Alder Market Bistro.
Isaac showed his new behavior in public, talking in mini-shrieks. He refused to be silenced by the bink. But he wasn't so much a nuisance as a harbinger of louder cries to come in quieter restaurants. He just wanted to talk. It was cute the way he contentedly quieted when his mama finally picked him up out of the car seat and held him.
By the way, he all but said, "Hi!" to me in the backseat on our way to the restaurant. It was more like an "I!" which is half his name so, either way, it's a victory-in-the-making. I've been repeating the phrases "Hi, Isaac!" and "Hi, Daddy!" lately in hopes that he'll one day greet me after work. I'm hoping for the latter.

Anyway, when we got home, Pookie surprised me with a clean, vacuumed bedroom floor and a made bed, the two surfaces that make the most difference when they're clean. It was so nice walking to the bathroom this morning and feeling a clean carpet. It was actually peaceful to see a sea of uncluttered white before me in the quiet of the morning.


April 24, 2008

The Pookie is cracking down on keeping the pooklet on a schedule.
Starting today, she has her blackberry reminding her when his Pookness should eat and sleep. We're reducing the margin of error that undisciplined good intentions allows. Any fussing we can reduce by being more consistent is our goal. So this morning,m I had my direction from the wif to open the blinds in the room of pooklet for a natural, but quicker wakey-wake. A more intrusive way to facilitate this, by contrast, would be to stand on the changing table and take photos in rapid succession, which is what I did soon after drawing the blinds. Yes, I woke him up doing this, but I got this 1-second sleep smile before he woke.

No comments: