Friday, September 12, 2008

a little art in the life of stockton

today was date night. pookie got a babysitter. i got flowers.
sadly, though, i was hoisted on my own petard because as i was secretively getting off the bus a stop early and walking to the store to buy flowers, she was walking with the pooklet to meet me for the first time at the bus stop.
once we sprung the surprises on each other via cell phone, i walked to where my family was waiting and, listening to 'dear refuge of my weary soul' (an indelible grace hymn remake i've memorized to sing), i walked along a footpath to see my wife standing beautifully in the setting sun underneath a giant tree holding our baby.
we walked the rest of the way home and near our house, i picked the pooklet up and put him on my shoulders.
now that's a moment i wish i had a photograph of.

No comments: