Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bored meetings

I often grow weary of my profession, longing for employment in a cause I'm passionate about.
I do care about public transportation, especially as oil-conserving and socializing (though now I'm stretching it) tools, but my heart is ultimately driven by the gospel, and engaging culture on the exhaustively biblical level is not something I get to do much at my job.

It is especially during the monthly board meetings I'm obligated to attend, that I get impatient and ungrateful for my job.
(One of the great things about blogging, I've discovered, is the honest introspection that results. "impatient" and "ungrateful" are two words that I hadn't yet stumbled onto until I wrote this.)

It doesn't help to get an email the same day from RZIM offering apologetics curriculum at Oxford.

So here's my question: If I were to indulge my love of bible study and Christian apologetics by attending seminary full-time, what unseen consequences might result? I've heard of evangelistic fires quenched, marriages strained, doubts injected.

Hopefully this is just a season of discontentment, enhanced by my anxiety of an imminent due date.

we'll see...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought you said that it was grammatically incorrect to start a sentence with "Hopefully," yet you did with your last sentence? :) Love the pics and your journel. It's a good way for your friends and family to keep up with you and know what's going on in your life.

-Peixe