Monday, September 7, 2009

how do i "set the Lord continually before me?"

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;

- Psalm 16:7-9a


i would love to develop (and keep up) a nighttime ritual that reorients myself towards Jesus - to filter the day's thoughts through the lens of scripture, as a bookend to the day in supplementation to my morning devotions, to dwell in the rest He gives, if only for a few moments before falling asleep. i pray for another habit that i would look forward to, even when tired, as with my morning ritual of bible study and prayer, because i want more of Christ instructing my heart and gracing my perspective, and less frivolous clutter competing for my attention.

does anyone have good ideas for a simple evening devotional habit?

1 comment:

grace said...

talking through your day with your wifey and praying. :o)