Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I laughed, I cried - The BiPolar Bear

Wednesdays, I jog-stroll the pooklet home from the health club where Pookie teaches spin, and right when we got home, pooklet started crying. The first thing that came to mind was something the wifey said yesterday about this being the age when he might feel separation anxiety whenever mama bear is absent.

still cute as always, though. "mmm mm… Meb?" he whimpered.

and then, after he was put down (on a crib mattress inclined to drain his congested nose) and given Boynton the stuffed pig, he started alternating squeezing Boynton's ear and snout, and grabbing my nose (which was sticking in through the crib bars). I wonder what he was assessing ("Squishy... not so squishy... squishy...").

Then, he began waving both arms at me, so I waved back and he smiled, and we took turns doing this for a little bit, until he changed it up with arms in opposition, kinda like he was doing The Monkey.

Now he's crying hysterically again.

Meb.

No comments: