Wednesday, September 5, 2007

D. James Kennedy in the Land of the Living

February 23, 1996 – Evangelism Explosion International becomes the first Christian organization in history to establish its ministry in all 211 nations of the world.

2006 – Nearly five million people profess faith in Jesus Christ through Evangelism Explosion.



The founder of Evangelism Explosion, D. James Kennedy, PhD, died this morning, leaving behind a legacy, of which EE was only a fraction. I've taken the EE course once in Chicago at The Moody Church, two or three times in Stockton at SCBC, and my pastor and I are getting ready to resume EE follow up with visitors to our church.

For those lacking the gift of evangelism, Dr. Kennedy's EE outline and program are an amazing tool for those with a burden for the lost. Thank you, Dr. Kennedy. Thank you, Lord for Dr. Kennedy.



“Now, I know that someday I am going to come to what some people will say is the end of this life. They will probably put me in a box and roll me right down here in front of the church, and some people will gather around, and a few people will cry. But I have told them not to do that because I don’t want them to cry. I want them to begin the service with the Doxology and end with the Hallelujah chorus, because I am not going to be there, and I am not going to be dead. I will be more alive than I have ever been in my life, and I will be looking down upon you poor people who are still in the land of dying and have not yet joined me in the land of the living. And I will be alive forevermore, in greater health and vitality and joy than ever, ever, I or anyone has known before.”

D. James Kennedy, Ph.D.

No comments: