Monday, June 25, 2007

i preached a sermon yesterday!


a couple months ago, my pastor gave me the opportunity to preach as the final bit of training he's been giving me, which started a year ago with instruction on how to outline bible passages and present them in a bible study format.

i lost sleep and i got sick, but it all bore fruit yesterday.



my voice often trembles when I sing praise to God

nervous about preaching in a matter of minutes, I was humbled as I trembled before the God that I live and love to exalt.
I noted impromptu as I took the pulpit that it was ironic to feel nervous before preaching since I love the word and that’s what the congregation was there to here. I’m just there to point to the cross (as I did this literally), but pride is such that my body worries about how I’m perceived.

I’ve really been relishing nichole nordeman’s music lately. It’s enrapturing to enjoy Christ-exalting music when I’m (all too infrequently) able to turn off the rest of my thoughts and distractions. I’m actually excited about a number of Christian artists lately: Bethany Dillon, Vicky beeching, and sara groves. If iTunes hadn’t jacked up their prices, I’d be buying a lot more. Such as it is, I’m considering (Heaven help me) BMG.

No comments: